Tuesday, March 16, 2010

If you've ever taken a standardized test...

So I've been studying for the Graduate Record Examinations because I'm crazy, right?
And I come across this problem which states "Eliane types twice as fast as Delphine. Delphine charges 50% more per page than Eliane", and it's one of those problems where there are 2 amounts in 2 columns and you choose whether one has more, they are equal, or it's indeterminate. This is supposed to be a logic problem, but really I don't think these Kaplan people know there are different forms of logic. Because when I look at this problem, I think "this is stupid, Eliane types twice as fast, so she should charge 50% than Delphine and Delphine should find another job because she is obviously incompatable with this job. Or else Eliane is supernaturally good at her typing job--the female Flash, maybe?" Nowhere in here do I think, "Yes, plug in the values and solve for amount earned, yes, I'm awesome at this logical math stuff"
AKA to hell with the GRE, I feel like I should write about this in my grad school essay since I'm applying to an economics program, not algebra.

Good music=http://listen.grooveshark.com/
Look up OneRepublic in artists, and listen to their album Waking Up.

No comments:

Post a Comment