Sunday, June 27, 2010

Adventura y cumpleanos

Hola all! In my last blog I forgot to mention that I ate iguana. It tastes like very dry chicken. Mmmm.

Anyway, it was our amigo John's birthday today, so we headed with Maximo to Popoyo yesterday to get him some pizza and enjoy the beach after working hard. Got to ride on the back of a truck the whole way in the pouring rain, it was fantastic.
Today...we woke up, had amazing huevos rancheros (sooo stuffed), then headed onto a 5 hour hike back to a bus stop to get back to Playa Gigante. I suffered a bit of sunburn, some scratches, and a nasty cut on my foot, but the views of the Nicaraguan coast....breathtaking. The shale rock and seashells, the tide crashing, and the black volcanic sand totally made the hike. Now I just need to sleep for the night, and hopefully I will be functional tomorrow, the blisters on my hand have healed in time for my legs to be in deep trouble. But it's okay, I'm making up for all the lack of excersize during school.

No comments:

Post a Comment