Friday, July 2, 2010

gettin 'er done

We finished the pathways to the garden today! This is a big deal since that means tomorrow we plant. And some time from now, delicious vegetables will ensue! Trust me, I will post pictures up as soon as I have them. For now, I am using a borrowed computer.

Otherwise, just cooking and making friends. My Nicaraguan mother Maria teaches me how to make the most amazing food. Today we had a feast of conch ceviche, spiced pork, snail rice, fried sweet plantains, bread, and strawberry kool-aid. We also made a friend with the woman who works in the kitchen at a local hotel, and she's teaching me a lot of Spanish vocabulary. We'll be coming to help her in the kitchen. She's also part of a minor-league baseball team, which we'll be playing with! They certainly love their baseball here. In all, besides all the mosquito bites, all is fantastic. Hasta!

1 comment:

  1. I not only expect a detailed description of how to make a community garden in the mail but I also expect a package full of conch Ceviche... who cares if it takes two weeks to arrive?

    ReplyDelete